The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
What is my "Personal Information"?
In addition to information needed to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and health insurance number, your personal information also includes information about your health. This information is often referred to as your health record.
What you can expect from your Health Care Provider
- Any personal information collected will be used for your care and treatment.
- Your consent will be implied for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for care and treatment purposes if, once you know your personal information protection rights, you continue with care and treatment.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to anyone who is not directly involved in your care and treatment unless you give permission.
- A high level of confidentiality around the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is maintained.
- Your personal information should be accurate and will be stored in a secure location.
- Any personal information that is stored electronically will be protected by appropriate security measures.